Changes Updated Monday, June 29, 2020
With Colorado’s “Safer at Home” Level 2 still in effect, we are implementing new policies and procedures to ensure the experiences we provide are fun and enjoyable but also safe. These include:
- Group Size – Per the current state mandate, groups must be limited to only eight (8) including the Tour Leader. Because tour capacities are so limited, please consider booking a private event if your group is between 6-8 people.
- Masks – Each of our Tour Leaders will wear a mask during the entire experience. Guests will be encouraged to wear masks, but wearing a mask is not required to participate. All tour guests (not to include the Tour Leader) will be allowed to remove their masks when sitting at the restaurant dining table, as permitted by the state mandates. (Note: Please be aware that our Tour Leaders do not handle or serve food during any food tour.)
- Audio Headsets – We want all participants to be able to hear and understand their Tour Leader as they share the interesting and exciting history of Colorado Springs throughout their tour. That is why we have invested in audio headsets, and each tour guest will receive their very own receiver to use throughout the tour. Receivers and earphones will be disinfected thoroughly between each tour. If preferred, tour guests may bring their own ear phones.
- Hand Sanitizer – Each group will be provided with a mini 1oz hand sanitizer to use throughout the tour, and as always, guests will be encouraged to wash their hands throughout the experience.
- Waiver – Each individual participate 18 years and older will be required to sign a health and safety waiver prior to their food tour. All minors must have a legal guardian sign on their behalf. Though we prefer electronic signatures to save time and paper, Tour Leaders will have physical copies available at the start of every tour.
- No Contact Check-In – Feel free to air high-five your Tour Leader upon checking in, as we are now completely no-contact! Headsets, hand sanitizer, and waivers will be set on a table for pick-up as guests arrive. We will also email your itinerary in advance, as you will not be given a paper route at the start of your tour as before.
- Individual Servings – All food and drink pairings will be served individually and never from a community plate or with shared utensils.
- Seating Arrangements – You will now have the opportunity to let us know your preferred seating arrangement. Some guests are comfortable being sat with other tour participants while others prefer to be set separately, away from other guests. We will seek to honor your request but cannot guarantee seating arrangements as they are dependent on restaurant capabilities.
- Having a Fever of Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms – We will not allow our Tour Leaders to report for duty if they are feeling ill or have a fever as their health and that of our guests are of utmost importance. We also ask that if our tour guests are not feeling well or have a fever, they refrain from taking the tour, and we will gladly issue a gift card for future use.
Our restaurant partners are incredibly vigilant about adhering to state guidelines as well. If you have questions regarding the specific Colorado mandates for restaurants and food service providers, click here.
We will continue to update these policies and procedures as the state mandates change. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our new policies, please contact us. We look forward to hosting you on a food tour soon!
**NOTE: These procedures may change without notice at any time.