Updated Friday, January 15, 2021
**NOTE: The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) allowed El Paso County to move from “Level Red: Severe Risk” down to “Level Orange: High Risk” starting on Monday, January 4. This means that all indoor dining is now allowed to resume at 25% capacity.
Because of this, we are excited to announce that we will be relaunching with limited capacity on Friday, January 22! Please click here to view our upcoming availability.
During times in which we are able to operate, we have implemented several new policies and procedures to ensure the experiences we provide are fun and enjoyable but also safe. These include:
- Group Size – Per the current state mandate, groups must be limited to only eight (8) including the Tour Leader. Because tour capacities are so limited, please consider booking a private event if your group is between 6-8 people.
- Masks – All tour participants are required to wear a mask during the entire experience, except for when seated at our restaurant destinations and while traveling outside and social distancing. Tour Leaders will wear a mask throughout the tour, including the time spent inside our destinations as they do not participate in the tastings. Per state mandate, our Tour Leaders do have permission to remove their masks outside while storytelling only if they are able to remain 6+ feet from all tour participants.
- Audio Headsets – You will have the opportunity to request an audio headset at no cost during the check-out process. Please consider this option if hearing becomes difficult for you while wearing a mask. While most participants do not feel the audio headsets are necessary, we want to make them available so that everyone can hear and understand their Tour Leader as they share the interesting and exciting history of Colorado Springs throughout their tour. Receivers and earphones will be disinfected thoroughly between each tour. If preferred, tour guests may bring their own ear phones.
- Hand Sanitizer – Each group will be provided with a mini 1oz hand sanitizer to use throughout the tour, and as always, guests will be encouraged to wash their hands throughout the experience.
- Waiver – Each individual participate 18 years and older will be required to sign a health and safety waiver prior to their food tour. All minors must have a legal guardian sign on their behalf. Though we prefer electronic signatures to save time and paper, Tour Leaders will have physical copies available at the start of every tour.
- No Contact Check-In – Feel free to air high-five your Tour Leader upon checking in, as we are now completely no-contact! Headsets, hand sanitizer, and waivers will be set on a table for pick-up as guests arrive. We will also email your itinerary in advance, as you will not be given a paper route at the start of your tour as before.
- Individual Servings – Guests will never have to share food or utensils with other guests from a different household. In most cases, samples are served in individual portions.
- Seating Arrangements – You will now have the opportunity to let us know your preferred seating arrangement. Some guests are comfortable being sat with other tour participants while others prefer to be set separately, away from other guests. We will seek to honor your request but cannot guarantee seating arrangements as they are dependent on restaurant capabilities.
- Having a Fever of Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms – We will not allow our Tour Leaders to report for duty if they are feeling ill or have a fever as their health and that of our guests are of utmost importance. We also ask that if our tour guests are not feeling well or have a fever, they refrain from taking the tour, and we will gladly issue a gift card for future use.
- Cancellations – Should we need to cancel tours due to state, city or county mandates or restrictions, or other unforeseen health concerns related to the ongoing pandemic, guests will be notified immediately and issued a gift card in the amount they paid. The only exception will be made for guests who purchase the $5 insurance per ticket, which will allow guests to receive a cash refund less ticketing fees and the cost of the insurance.
Our restaurant partners are incredibly vigilant about adhering to state guidelines as well. If you have questions regarding the specific Colorado mandates for restaurants and food service providers, click here.
We will continue to update these policies and procedures as the state mandates change. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our new policies, please contact us. We look forward to hosting you on a food tour soon!
**NOTE: These procedures may change without notice at any time.