Fireworks, concerts, art festivals and beyond — If you’re spending this Fourth of July in Colorado, you’ll have no trouble finding fun activities for your whole family to enjoy!
Check out our list of activities happening in Colorado Springs, Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1. The Tri-Lakes 4th of July Celebration – Head to Monument, just north of Colorado Springs, for the town’s many family-friendly festivities. Before you head to the parade, start your day with a pancake breakfast at the local church or a fun run at the Palmer Lake Santa Fe Trailhead. After a festive parade, you’ll find a street fair filled with a variety of vendors, a beer garden, and music performances in the park.
2. 4th of July Celebration Concert featuring Woodshed Red – Celebrate the Fourth of July the Manitou Springs way with some music, ice cream, and brats in Soda Springs Park. Woodshed Red’s bluegrass and blues inspired tunes will remind you why you love America.
3. Downtown Colorado Springs Food Tour – What better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than by learning about history and eating food? Try any one of Rocky Mountain Food Tours’ three unique tours, and you’ll get a taste of Colorado Springs’ best food and drinks while learning about the city’s rich history from one of our expert tour guides! Below are the tours occurring that holiday weekend:
- The Original Colorado Springs Food Tour – July 5, 6, and 7
- The Springs Signature Cocktail Tour – July 5
- Pikes Peak Progressive Dinner – July 2 and 9
4. Good Ole Fashioned Summertime Ice Cream Social & Pie Baking Content – If you’ve got a sweet tooth, this event is for you! Kick off your Colorado Independence Day celebrations early with a pie baking contest and ice cream social in Manitou Springs on July 1st!
5. Summer Symphony: Memorial Park – Going on 46 years, this Fourth of July celebration is a local favorite. Head to Memorial Park for fireworks, food, and music from the Colorado Springs Philharmonic.
6. Switchbacks Soccer Game and Fireworks Spectacular Show– The Colorado Springs’ Switchbacks FC, our professional soccer team, are playing Orange County SC at Weidner Field for a special Fourth of July game, ending in a spectacular fireworks show. A fun event for the whole family!
7. Independence Eve at Civic Center Park – Grab your lawn chairs and blankets for the 10th annual Independence Eve at Civic Center Park in Denver. Sip craft beer and munch on delicious food from local food trucks to the tunes of Chris Daniels & The Kings and the Colorado Symphony. End the night with a light show from the top of the Denver City and County Building.
8. Fireworks at Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park – Park picnics just won’t cut it for your thrill-seeking family? Head to Denver’s Elitch Gardens for a day of roller coasters and water slides! With kids rides, family rides, and thrill rides, the park has something for everyone to enjoy. Top the night off with an incredible fireworks display with Downtown Denver in the background!
9. The Cherry Creek Arts Festival – Keep the celebrations rolling into the weekend with The Cherry Creek Arts Festival. Celebrate different cultures from around the world with international music, art, cuisine, and other vendors! This event is free to the public and a great way to wrap up your Fourth of July week in Denver.
10. Concert at Red Rocks – Is it really a summer celebration in Colorado without a concert at Red Rocks? Plan a tailgate with some friends and get ready for a night of music and dancing with various bands playing throughout the week, including:
- July 2-3: Zeds Dead
- July 4: Blues Traveler, Leftover Salmon and Jackie Greene
- July 5-7: The Avett Brothers
11. Colorado Rockies Fireworks – Nothing says America like a baseball game and some fireworks! Watch the Colorado Rockies face the Houston Astros on July 2 and 3 and celebrate the Fourth with an epic fireworks display to follow!
12. The Fourth at Boulder Reservoir – Get your run on at the Craig Towler Freedom Run at 8:00 a.m. and then head to the reservoir for some swimming and foodie festivities. Grab a beer and a bite to eat at the beer garden and beachside café, rent a paddleboard from Rocky Mountain Paddleboard, or just lay by the water with friends and family.
13. 4th on Pearl – Head to Boulder’s Pearl Street for vendors, a beer garden, and live music performances by the Hazel Miller Band, Many Mountains, and Sonic Arcade. While you’re visiting, enjoy the many fun shops and cafes Downtown Boulder has to offer!
14. Ralphie’s Independence Day Blast – WK Real Estate, The University of Colorado, and The City of Boulder are coming together once again to put on Ralphie’s Independence Day Blast — the ultimate Boulder Fourth of July celebration! Be prepared for a night of live music by local favorites, ending with a massive firework show! Gates Open at 8:00 p.m. at Folsom Field and admission is free.
Fort Collins, Colorado
15. 2019 4th of July Community Celebration – The City of Fort Collins’ Community Celebration is a comprehensive, full-day event for the entire town! Start your Fourth with a morning parade and end it with music performances at City Park, followed by a fireworks show over Sheldon Lake. Head here for the full schedule!
Whether you are riding roller coasters or laying on a picnic blanket, we hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July along the Front Range!